Newport Girls Football Club Code of Conduct for Spectators
We all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour in the game This club is supporting The FA’s Respect programme to ensure football can be enjoyed in a safe, positive environment. Remember children’s football is a time for them to develop their technical, physical, tactical and social skills. Winning isn’t everything. Play your part and observe The FA’s Respect Code of Conduct for spectators and parents/carers at all times.
• Remember that children play for FUN
• Applaud effort and good play as well as success
• Always respect the match officials’ decisions
• Remain outside the field of play and within the Designated Spectators’ Area (where provided)
• Let the coach do their job and not confuse the players by telling them what to do
• Encourage the players to respect the opposition, referee and match officials
• Avoid criticising a player for making a mistake – mistakes are part of learning
• Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting, or abusive language or behaviour.
I understand that if I do not follow the Code, any/all of the following actions may be taken by my club, County FA, league or The FA:
I may be:
• Issued with a verbal warning from a club or league official
• Required to meet with the club, league or County FA Welfare Officer
• Required to meet with the club committee
• Obliged to undertake an FA education course
• Obliged to leave the match venue by the club
• Requested by the club not to attend future games
• Suspended or have my club membership removed
• Required to leave the club along with any dependants.
• The FA/County FA could impose a fine and/ or suspension on the club.